Circulation Customer Service Representative at The Union Newspaper in GRASS VALLEYGrass Valley, 95945 | 02/18/2021 | Ad id: 4-0000659325-01
Circulation Customer Service Representative
The Union is seeking a customer service rep to join our subscription department. Strong
customer service & computer skills a must.
FT, Mon-Fri, 40hrs/wk.
Refer to Job #1920
Nevada County Publishing Company
CSR Job Description
Position title: Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Home Delivery manager
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Revised: January 2021
The customer service representative at The Union is an essential position in the growth and retention of our readership. The satisfaction of our audience is crucial to the success of all other departments at The Union. The levels below are designed to give some structure to the expectations of the position. Within each level, progressive improvement is expected.
Key Responsibilities (All levels):
• Provide excellent customer service by helping customer and carriers in the office and over the phone.
• Support sales growth by providing courteous, knowledgeable and informative service.
• Treat all external and internal customers in a professional and respectful manner
• Sense of urgency to resolve customer issues efficiently and effectively
• Continually looking for ways to permanently resolve customer issues.
• Organize and prioritize workload to complete tasks in the most effective manner
• Increasing familiarity with The Union product.
• Other tasks and responsibilities assigned by Circulation Managers or the demands of circumstances necessary for excellent customer service.
• Answer phones, check voicemails, return messages and assist walk-in customers.
• Accurately enter customer notes, delivery requests, stops (permanent & temporary), starts and refunds to customer accounts.
• Check 3rd Party Publication Portals daily and enter complaints to customer’s accounts.
• Check email@example.com inbox and address each email appropriately & enter necessary issues into customer’s accounts.
• Accurately enter credit & debit card payments to customer accounts.
• Accurately record data on variety of existing Excel spreadsheets.
• Use email and/or Word to effectively communicate with customers & co-workers.
• Understand and be able to explain issues surrounding customer payments, credits and potential issues with same, including vacation stop credits.
• Make successful outbound calls on declined credit cards and expiring credit cards.
• Make calls to expiring billable accounts to retain customers.
• Make outbound sales calls to stopped former subscribers in order to regain subscription.
• Assist online subscribers with log in and access issues.
• Run variety of PDP (Publishing Day Processing) reports for next day paperwork.
• Run a variety of reports to assist department or carriers.
Skills / characteristics
• Excellent customer service
• Good phone etiquette
• Ability to handle job duties with minimal supervision
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to deal with the public and represent The Union in a professional courteous manner
• Sense of urgency
• Problem solving
• Good organizational skills
• Basic computer knowledge
• Open and often noisy office environment.
• Ability to work day or night schedule with flexibility.
• Majority of time will be spent sitting at a desk, using a computer and talking on the phone. Other conditions include typing, using a calculator, filing, bending, twisting, lifting & walking.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 20lbs.
This list is not intended to include all duties and tasks that will be required but to identify the primary responsibilities.
Grass Valley, CA 95945